Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why does the website not recognize my confirmation number?

ednotmilkman
Explorer C

I have a open ended set of two flights that need to be canceled due to the event being canceled. No problem canceling the 2nd leg back home, but why does web site not recognize the confirmation number of my first leg ?  So I can't cancel. I don't think I have ever signed up to have an account so no easy way to check what's on my account, or if I did, I sure don't know it since I travel with SW very little. I wrote my 2nd email to the cust serv after apparently someone called in response to 1st email when I was not home and message just told me to call the same number that everyone else gets put on hold for 2 hours.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why does the website not recognize my confirmation number?

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry your having trouble canceling your flight. I would reach out to southwest on Twitter or Facebook and they should be able to assist you. If your reservation is more than 3 days out i would avoid calling as hold times are long.  

-Blake

Re: Why does the website not recognize my confirmation number?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@ednotmilkman wrote:

I have a open ended set of two flights that need to be canceled due to the event being canceled. No problem canceling the 2nd leg back home, but why does web site not recognize the confirmation number of my first leg ?  So I can't cancel. I don't think I have ever signed up to have an account so no easy way to check what's on my account, or if I did, I sure don't know it since I travel with SW very little. I wrote my 2nd email to the cust serv after apparently someone called in response to 1st email when I was not home and message just told me to call the same number that everyone else gets put on hold for 2 hours.

If any of the letters or numbers could be either type, assume they are letters, i.e. if it is a letter O or a number 0 assume it is a letter O, likewise use letter L, I, instead of number 1.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.