Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why is Everyone So Angry?

floridaguy
Aviator C

I have been reading the posts on this board for a few months now and it seems that there is a lot of anger and hostility among Southwest customers.  These frustrations and anger are centered around the following subjects:

1.)  squabbling over who gets to board first

2.)  squabbling over Internet connectivity

3.)  squabbling over pricing policies

4.)  squabbling over baggage

5.)  squabbling over how wet the water is

When I flew Delta, I never read this kind of never-ending drama.  Somehow on Southwest, everyone is angry and hostile about flying from here to there.  If I was this angry, I'd drive my car.

I invite those of you who are unhappy about everything to go somewhere else.  

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Why is Everyone So Angry?

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

You're right that it's harder to find people complimenting, since this a forum where folks seek help and/or complain about things that happen. There's a massive following of happy Customers too. However, haters will always hate.

I'll add that you're more than welcome (and encouraged) to share positivity and you'll see tons of people echo it too! 

For one, I'm a HUGE fan of choosing my own seat and being able to adjust my tickets easily!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

floridaguy
Aviator C

I like unassigned seating.  I think Southwest is a very progressive and fun airline.

I used to fly Delta and moving to Florida, Southwest is the main thing.  I have a lot of fun on Southwest flights.

People need to quit squabbling about everything under the sun.

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

FU that’s why!

just kidding 

it’s been a rough couple years for a lot of people. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I invite those of you who are unhappy about everything to go somewhere else.  

Super productive idea.  Thanks for your contribution.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

I'm glad you agree.  Thanks for seeing things my way.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Does Delta have forums similar to this? 

I feel like, with any online forum, people are quick to share negative experiences over positive ones, generally. That's just how it is. 

Southwest is unique in their boarding and seating procedures, they are unlike every other airline in that they don't assign seats, so those who aren't familiar with Southwest get confused by the process, hence a lot of the questions on here. 

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

Everyone is angry every where -- not just here.

floridaguy
Aviator C

In another post, someone got really upset about preboarding.  The discussion turned very toxic and I reported the hostility.

Southwest came and closed the subject.

I really do not get all of the hostility on this board.  Just because someone preboards?