Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Winter storm Harper

bec102896
Aviator A

Based on the forecasted weather conditions, our scheduled service to the cities listed below may be disrupted (flights may be delayed, diverted, and/or cancelled) on the following dates:

Friday, January 18

Des Moines (DSM)
Omaha (OMA)
Wichita (ICT)

Saturday, January 19

Cincinnati (CVG)
Cleveland (CLE)
Columbus (CMH)

Detroit (DTW)
Indianapolis (IND)
Kansas City (MCI)
St. Louis (STL)

Saturday, January 19 through Monday, January 21

Albany (ALB)
Boston (BOS)
Buffalo (BUF)
Chicago (MDW)
Hartford (BDL)

Long Island MacArthur (ISP)
Manchester (MHT)

Milwaukee (MKE)
Newark (EWR)
New York LaGuardia (LGA)
Philadelphia (PHL)
Pittsburgh (PIT)
Portland, Maine (PWM)
Providence (PVD)
Rochester (ROC)

for more information and rebooking options you can view the travel advisory Here

if you have travel plans to/from/through any of the cities above I suggest you review your travel plans and make adjustments now to try and avoid potential cancellations.

Updated: January 18th 3PM to add DTW ISP and MKE 

Blake 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Winter storm Harper

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Super helpful to post, Blake. Thanks so much. 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

jmonds
Explorer C

Why do you give the option to use other aiports, yet forget to update the system?  Was flying BWI to LAX.  Site says I can use Burbank, but no option.  Come on guys.

jmonds
Explorer C

To add insult to injury, as the saying goes. I use the callback option on the 800 number, only to get a callback and a hang up.  Is this Spirit or Southwest?  Right now, I can't tell.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@jmonds

I would recommends that you either write a letter or call Gary at: Southwest Airlines Co. 2702 Love Field Drive. Dallas, Texas 75235. (214) 792-4000.

Hope this will helps you..

Regards.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jmonds wrote:

To add insult to injury, as the saying goes. I use the callback option on the 800 number, only to get a callback and a hang up.  Is this Spirit or Southwest?  Right now, I can't tell.

It is frustrating when that happens. I've had it happen in trying to deal with multiple companies.

Technology fails us at times.

That being said, trying to contact Gary to fix the problem, isn't going to fix your problem. By the time you get a response, your ravel date will likely be in the past.

You need to fix a reservation issue, I'd advise using twitter. Click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then look at the top of the ensuing page to see how to do so.

Don't put personal info (ie confirmation number) n your initial contact. Wait til you get a DM and then respond with pettinent details.

jmonds
Explorer C

Can Gary fire the person that made the weather call?  LOL.  The forecast called for rain until late tonight and they cancelled flights.  The forecast all week said rain and maybe a flurry. It's not raining and 40 degrees.  No danger whatsoever.