Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

YT

monikaaaar
Explorer C

What does a YT need to do when traveling alone? is there anything they need to show proof of?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: YT

bec102896
Aviator A

If under 12 you would be a UM and would have to pay the UM fee

if you are 12-17 nothing extra is required Your just like any other adult passenger however being under 18 you won’t need ID you would just tell the TSA agent you under 18 and you should be good to go. They might ask you a question like how old are you or what’s your favorite color (I saw an agent ask a kid that today in AUS) 

Re: YT

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

If under 12 you would be a UM and would have to pay the UM fee

if you are 12-17 nothing extra is required Your just like any other adult passenger however being under 18 you won’t need ID you would just tell the TSA agent you under 18 and you should be good to go. They might ask you a question like how old are you or what’s your favorite color (I saw an agent ask a kid that today in AUS) 

None is required, I've never done this before but I don't think it would be bad to send some sort of ID or letter. Certainly some sort of paper with the adult's contact information might be helpful.

You may also request a gate pass to get the YT to their gate, and whoever is picking them up might request one on the other end. It's not guaranteed to get one every time, but it is an option to ask for one.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.