tmarshall
Explorer C

my child is 2 years old, Do I have to buy a ticket for her? help me please

3 REPLIES 3

Re: age

franktravel
Aviator B

Children:

• Accompanied children ages two through 11 may purchase the applicable Child Fare for the flight (does not apply to unaccompanied children ages five through 11). Please contact us via phone at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) to confirm if a child fare is available for a specific flight.
  • To book Child Fares for international flights, please contact us to confirm if a child fare is available and to book via phone at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). After booking, you can view or cancel existing international itineraries for any of these fare types online at Southwest.com.
  • Proof of age will be required at the time of travel.
  • Online checkin is available if the child is traveling on a Child Fare and is age verified

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@tmarshall wrote:

my child is 2 years old, Do I have to buy a ticket for her? help me please

You can also buy WGA tickets for your child, but these are the standard non-refundable ticket in case you want to evaluate cost and flexibility of WGA vs child fare.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Yes.

Under age 2 can fly as a lap child, over age 2 requires a seat.

Southwest's Wanna Get Away fare will likely be the cheapest. The Infant & Child Fares are a discount off of the refundable* Anytime fare, so they're more flexible, but also more expensive. If you buy a regular WGA fare you won't need to verify the child's age at the airport.

*"Refundable" fares become non-refundable if you make any changes to the itinerary at any time. If you need to change a refundable fare, cancel, request a refund, and rebook (don't use the "change flight" function.)