Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

can you track how many seat are left on a flight

NICOLE65
Explorer C

Can you track how many seats are left on a flight. I want to know so i know when to book my seat 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: can you track how many seat are left on a flight

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You may notice the fare going up which would signify some quantity of Wanna Get Away fares having been purchased, although the price could go up and down for sales and other reasons in addition to dwindling supply on a particular flight.

Otherwise no, there isn't a way for you to track this automatically. In fact somone had just posted an article about how Southwest doesn't allow tracking of the fare price, let alone quantity of seats remaining.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

About the only thing you can do is try buying 8, 6, 4 etc. seats at a given price. If you're able to, then you know at least that many seats are available at that fare. It's not particularly helpful though when it comes to how many seats are actually available on the flight.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I'm not sure how knowing the number of seats left would help with time to make the booking either. Are you trying for 1/3 empty? Grabbing the last seat? That would be a whole different algorithm to solve if you could get the data in the first place.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.