Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

complaint

danoli11
Explorer C
I am extremely unhappy , frustrated and angry that you converted
the above ref flight into travel funds for David Bermingham and travel partner of $347.96 each.To add insult to injury I paid for both fares and you credited the other passenger with half of my money. Outrageous and ridiculous. I will be sending this complaint to dept of transportation, my North Carolina Senators and house representatives., as well as CEO and/or COO of “Luv”..and right now that “luv” monicker is a complete and utter joke.
I FULLY EXPECT A FULL REFUND TO MY CREDIT CARD..THE EVENT I WAS ATTENDING WAS CANCELLED BY THE GOVERNMENT, SO I SHOULD NOT BE PENALIZED..I really do not want travel funds in 2 separate names to be used by 6/30/2021..I want and expect a full refund to the credit card used to book the fare.
Please see below which is currently in the media, if you want me to add my name to this chorus continue your predatory and inhuman policies during one of the worse crisis the world has ever seen.

You get to access $25 b of funds and the customer gets travel vouchers he does not want as well as stealing 50% of his money and giving to another passenger !! Is this really the USA ?.

"In light of this pressing need, and the unprecedented multi-billion-dollar bailout that the airline industry just received from Congress, we are absolutely outraged that so few airlines are willing to offer real cash refunds to consumers who must cancel their tickets," the senators said. 

The CARES Act provided the following assistance for airlines: 

$25 billion in grants for passenger airlines, to be used solely to pay workers through September;$4 billion in grants for cargo airlines solely to be used to pay workers through September; $25 billion in loans or loan guarantees for passenger airlines;$4 billion in loans or loan guarantees for cargo airlines;$3 billion to pay airline and airport contractors 
2 REPLIES 2

Re: complaint

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@danoli11 wrote:
I am extremely unhappy , frustrated and angry that you converted
the above ref flight into travel funds for David Bermingham and travel partner of $347.96 each.To add insult to injury I paid for both fares and you credited the other passenger with half of my money. Outrageous and ridiculous. I will be sending this complaint to dept of transportation, my North Carolina Senators and house representatives., as well as CEO and/or COO of “Luv”..and right now that “luv” monicker is a complete and utter joke.
I FULLY EXPECT A FULL REFUND TO MY CREDIT CARD..THE EVENT I WAS ATTENDING WAS CANCELLED BY THE GOVERNMENT, SO I SHOULD NOT BE PENALIZED..I really do not want travel funds in 2 separate names to be used by 6/30/2021..I want and expect a full refund to the credit card used to book the fare.
Please see below which is currently in the media, if you want me to add my name to this chorus continue your predatory and inhuman policies during one of the worse crisis the world has ever seen.

You get to access $25 b of funds and the customer gets travel vouchers he does not want as well as stealing 50% of his money and giving to another passenger !! Is this really the USA ?.

"In light of this pressing need, and the unprecedented multi-billion-dollar bailout that the airline industry just received from Congress, we are absolutely outraged that so few airlines are willing to offer real cash refunds to consumers who must cancel their tickets," the senators said. 

The CARES Act provided the following assistance for airlines: 

$25 billion in grants for passenger airlines, to be used solely to pay workers through September;$4 billion in grants for cargo airlines solely to be used to pay workers through September; $25 billion in loans or loan guarantees for passenger airlines;$4 billion in loans or loan guarantees for cargo airlines;$3 billion to pay airline and airport contractors 

If your flight was cancelled by Southwest, you are entitled to a full refund according to their Contract of Carriage and DOT guidance.

Unfortunately, if you voluntarily canceled your flight yourself, regardless of the reason, you receive Travel Funds in the name of each passenger. This is what you agreed to when you made the purchase.

However: Those travel funds are now extended through September 7, 2022, which offers some relief. Also, soon funds can be converted to Rapid Rewards points, which can then be used to purchase flights for anyone.

You can complain to anyone you'd like, but this is just how it is. Sorry.

Re: complaint

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi @danoli11. We're sorry for the frustration. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to follow the steps below to reach out via official Customer Service channels. Thank you.

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint 

Nicole
Community Manager