Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

confused on international flight schedules

Bradangie95
Explorer C

I have already booked my trip for June 2017 to Aruba for my family vacation.  I chose this because I knew southwest would fly from Dallas love field with connecting in Houston to Aruba.  Now after the end of April its not available to fly from Dallas to Aruba.  Confused on why this has changed May starts summer vacations so i dont understand why southwest would quit offering flights from dallas to aruba during summer vacation months.  Now i will have to fly from dallas to houston book another flight from houston to aruba.  Costs more and alot more hectic.  Just wanted to know if maybe this is going to change?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: confused on international flight schedules

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You could try a point to point reservation 

what this means is on the website if you type in say Dallas to Houston one way then once that loads at the top where you would change your flight to say a different date or city there will be an option to select Roundtrip and it should load a place for you to enter a third destination (Roundtrip with a different return) at that point you could type in Aruba and that way it's all on one confirmation number. Another thing I would try is do Dallas to Orlando then Orlando to Aruba as it could be cheaper. 

If this doesn't make sense and you would like me to help feel free to send me a message on here and I can walk younthough it as I know it is a little confusing if you have never done it before 

Good Luck!

Blake 

Bradangie95
Explorer C

Well, I'm trying it but it doesn't look like I can make this flight in one day. Or am I doing something wrong? It's the same problem I have with going from Dallas to Houston then Houston to Aruba. Is there any airport that we could do this travel in one day?

bec102896
Aviator A

@Bradangie95

Ok so I just remembered because it's international you would have to book 2 one way flights. That trick only works on domestic flights. 😢

what this means is if your checking bags you would need to allow yourself enough time to claim them and re check them in another city so for example fly DAL to HOU on a morning flight then allow yourself 3-4 hours so you can allow for a delay should it occur and then go out of security get your bag and re check it. Then go through security again. 

Sorry to break that news to you 

I hope the schedule for 2 one ways will work out so you don't have to spend 2 days flying just to start a vacation. But on a good note by booking 2 one way flights each way that will get you 4/25 of the way to A List

Happy Travels!

Blake

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Bradangie95,

If you need some assistance planning this particular trip, I encourage you to call our Customer Support and Service line at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. One of our Representatives will be glad to help you create an optimal booking. We want you to enjoy your travels, and we're here to help.