Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: correct boarding group but cutting in line

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

The people you see could also be A Listers who didn't get an A boarding pass (perhaps due to a same-day booking or last minute change). These A Listers can board after the A group and before the B group.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

reneepasley
Explorer B

On my last flight a couple with their kid that was easily over 10, was allowed to go after the A's. This lack of consistency in policies at SW drives me crazy.  The family boarding should be little children. If the kid has a disability, they should get a pre-boarding request. This kid didn't. His parents (or grand parents) just used him to get in early.

roderick63p
Explorer C

@fortyishhotbabe wrote:

My last three SW flights, I was in B boarding group.  No problem because I travel by myself.  My issue is with travelers (also in the B boarding group) who cluster around the queue and then pop into the line right before the desk, tellthebell jumping ahead several numbers.  Only once have I seen the gate attendant ask someone to step aside and wait for his boarding number.  

Simply not fair for everyone who patiently waits their turn and boards according to their number, not according to the good graces of the attendant.

Looking forward for the solution.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

At the end of the day, the only thing you can do it to report your thoughts directly to SW via the Contact Us link below. 

It is fair for you to want the rules to be followed. As a rule-follower, that is important to me too. That said, I agree that you often don't know the whole story. So while there are some who abuse the rules (shame on you), most have good intentions. I have to remember that many folks rarely fly, and they may not fully understand the rules, even. 

But I also fear over-regulation of SW's folks on the ground. That could erode the fun culture the airline is known for.

For me, I've learned to just let things go when it comes to boarding inconsistencies. It is better for my stress and ensures I have a better overall flying experience. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder