Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

e-cigs?

alpierce61
Explorer C

I have heard that electronic cigarettes have been banned completely from commercial airlines. Is this true? I have always been allowed to carry on my vape stick in the past.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: e-cigs?

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Passengers are allowed to carry e-cigarettes with them onto planes, but are not allowed to charge their batteries during flight.

The Federal Aviation Administration also prohibits passengers from packing e-cigarettes in their checked luggage under an interim final regulation adopted last year by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, which is part of the Transportation Department.

joshnatedad
Explorer C

I understand I can carry 100 mls of juice on my carry on 3/30ml bottles & my batteries in battery classes and atomizers in baggies & my 2 mods on carry on bag/bags.

My question is how much e-juice can I put in my tagged bag ? I can't seem to find any answers except for "yes" I can carry in tagged luggage just doesn't specify how much.

Thank you advance

Ramonfoyer
Explorer C

Each bottle of e-juice can be 100ml.......not a total of 100ml, per the rules below  

Liquids, aerosol, gels, creams and pastes

Each passenger is permitted to bring one quart-sized bag of liquids aerosol, gels, creams and pastes in your carryon bag and through the TSA security checkpoint. These are limited to 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item. During screening, you'll be required to place these items in the small bag separate from your carryon baggage unless you have been selected for TSA PreCheck expedited screening, in which case you may be exempt from removing your liquids during the screening process.

• Any liquid, aerosol, gel, cream or paste that alarms during screening will require additional screening.
  • Certain items are exempt from the TSA carryon liquid rules including medications and infant and child nourishments.

Southwest Airlines currently prohibits self-defense sprays on any flight regardless if it is checked or carried on. Please see the TSA's web site for a list of prohibited carryon items.

Return to top of page