Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

early bird and rebooking

dbobbitt
Explorer C

I purchased ticket a few mos ago and added early bird at the same time. The price for flight has gone down. I know if I cancel and rebook, I lose early bird. If I rebook and get the credit, do I still keep my early bird check in?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: early bird and rebooking

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As long as you use the change flight option instead of canceling and rebooking, EarlyBird Check-In will stay on the reservation. Just select change flight and pick the same flight. It is unclear if this moves you back to the end of the EarlyBird Check-In line or if you retain your original position so if your flight is in the next few days weigh this possibility versus the cost savings.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: early bird and rebooking

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

As long as you use the change flight option instead of canceling and rebooking, EarlyBird Check-In will stay on the reservation. Just select change flight and pick the same flight. It is unclear if this moves you back to the end of the EarlyBird Check-In line or if you retain your original position so if your flight is in the next few days weigh this possibility versus the cost savings.

--TheMiddleSeat

Interesting question, I've only seen the issue noted as "order of purchase of early bird" but it wouldn't be clear with the change to the ticket if you were "rebuying" EBCI or not.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.