Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

expired Travel Funds

hopsoti
Explorer C

I purchased $861.92 for tickets from Denver to Boston back in July 2021.  We did not notice the expiration date of July 14, 2022.  I spoke with customer service and was advised nothing could be done, although the policy has changed since then.

This is a large amount of money for a Retired veteran.  There must be some way that an exception can be made.  During the period of expiration, we were all impacted by covid and my wife and I could not travel.

I still use Southwest Airlines and in fact have a flight scheduled in couple weeks.

Who can I speak with to make an exception to the previous policy?

Tim

1 REPLY 1

Re: expired Travel Funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

At this point I don't see any chance you'll get an exception or credit. As you noted, credits that were unexpired on, or created on or after July 28, 2022 no longer expire. Yours unfortunately did not meet that criteria. You also have missed the previous unwritten policy of allowing travel funds that had been expired for less than 6 months be reinstated as vouchers. Now that you're past that there's really no precedence for what you are asking for. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's most likely what Southwest will continue to tell you. You've called so the only other suggestion would be to write. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message with all your details. Good luck

--TheMiddleSeat