Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

flying with stroller but not with the baby

gmacece
Explorer C

I am flying with two bags and a stroller in a bag, but not with the baby. Can the stroller still be checked for free? The baby will fly out on an earlier flight with her daddy.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: flying with stroller but not with the baby

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@gmacece wrote:

I am flying with two bags and a stroller in a bag, but not with the baby. Can the stroller still be checked for free? The baby will fly out on an earlier flight with her daddy.

I'm not totally clear on the fine print of this scenario. Since the baby is flying (on Southwest I assume) with the father on the same day, this doesn't seem like a stretch for you to present the stroller bag and say that the baby is flying with her father.

If the staff decide to drill down a little further and you find out that this isn't what is intended, I'd be prepared to pay for a third item, but I doubt you will be asked.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: flying with stroller but not with the baby

gmacece
Explorer C

Thanks, but no, dad and baby are flying United. From an small airport close to home. The baby and car seat are all he wants to deal with. I’m flying SW specifically for the two free bags! Just wondering if they’ll still let me check a stroller if I don’t have the baby with me. Counter check would be preferable. If not, what’s the charge?