Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

im about to call out southwest on twitter for their lack of concern and respect for this pandemic

haveaheart
Explorer A

hey everyone, we all need to call out southwest on all social media to bring to account on how greedy and unreasonable they are being for not extending our travel funds. A lot of us hardworking americans only have limited dates we can vacation, and it is obvious that this global pandemic is cutting that 1 year time frame gaurentee that we were promised and that we paid for and is the reason we choose southwest is being cut short. The fact that a lot of us are trying to be responsible citizens and we are BEING PUNISHED for it instead of REWARDED by southwest airlines is blasphemy. The lack of compassion and concern this company has for this pandemic has made me loose all respect for what used to be in my eyes the best airline. now, instead of flying southwest, i will deliberately drive or use another airline. They lost a loyal customer today. I will do everything in my power to avoid and call them out on all social media for the rest of time until they come to their senses and show some compassion instead of living in hipocracy. THEY NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH! 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: im about to call out southwest on twitter for their lack of concern and respect for this pandemi

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry your upset with the way southwest is handling things right now. The best thing to do is voice your issues to them directly though one of these methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint 

-Blake 

Re: im about to call out southwest on twitter for their lack of concern and respect for this pandemi

haveaheart
Explorer A

I have written to them twice, but they don't seem to show any understanding or compassion whatsoever and their lack of concern is ridiculous. They don't care about their customers as much as they claim to. They are just big corporate money hungrey greedy people who put on a fake facade of caring just to suck your money up but once they have it they really don't care about you, about society, and about the global population whatsoever.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Beyond just for their customers, Southwest's concern also has to go to it's employees and the countless jobs it supports and mouths it feeds. This thing is bigger than any one of us, than any one company, than any one industry.

Southwest proves every day that it is customer focused with its culture, customer service, and customer friendly policies. I'm sorry that you feel differently, and if you find another airline that better meets you needs, then you should do what is best for you.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Every airline is completely swamped with calls right now, it's 100% triage so expecting your concern about a non urgent matter to be a top priority and to get an immediate response is ridiculous. Patience is a virtue, the situation is rapidly changing and policies may be adjusted as the situation changes.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Be sure to call out Delta, United and American, too, since they are doing the same thing that SW is.

AnnaSF
Explorer C

Not all true. American Airlines is allowing all non-refundable ticket holders to submit documents indicating why they cannot fly and reviewing for a full refund. As this is the first time something of this magnitude has hit globally, it is in the best interest of big corporations like Southwest to be flexible as well! This is a two way street. Trump has already stated that the airlines would receive funding to keep them going. So with that being stated why are we the consumers doing all the giving and Southwest doing all the taking with no flexibility at all! 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@AnnaSF There is nothing I could find on American's website that indicates they are reviewing requests for cash refunds, and even if they are, what does reviewing mean and under what criteria would they actually issue a cash refund?

In fact, American's policy is worse than Southwest as they say all travel on refund credit must be completed before the end of 2020, which could be less than a year after ticket purchase, or within a year of purchase if that's the shorter time period.

Until actual funding is approved by Congress and the President it would be foolish for Southwest to assume they are receiving anything. 

--TheMiddleSeat

AnnaSF
Explorer C

I just filled out and attached my fathers doctors letter to American Airlines website as requested under their Request Refunds site. I attached the documents supporting the cancellation and while I may not get my refund of 215.00 dollars till end of year at least they are giving us some hope and are beginning to indicate their flexibility.

We are not stupid nor do we expect an immediate refund as we are in this together. But, as a consumer and Southwest loyal customer Southwest would best keep its fan base if they would give us hope. Policies and contracts are amended all the time in the business world. So hopefully Southwest will get off it’s high horse and give the CONSUMER some HOPE that they can be flexible in this unforeseen crises when we come out of it! That is all all the folks on this community bulletin are asking for! The airlines will be reinstated. As we are all saying We Are All in This Together! So do the right thing for the people the very people that have made Southwest what it is today.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Oh, write to the company like I've seen numerous people on here suggest people should do with Southwest refund requests? OK, yeah, American is doing soooo much better, lol. 

--TheMiddleSeat