Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

leaving bags in airport

maryh1959
Adventurer C

My arrival time in MCO is during a time when the hotel shuttle doesn't run. Is there a way to leave my bag in baggage claim for an hour and then pick it up?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: leaving bags in airport

gsking
Aviator C

I've accidentally left my bag overnight,  as they collect them if left on the carousel.

I've been tempted to do it on purpose when my flight is out the next day with big bags I didn't want to take home or the hotel. 

But it's risky,  because you can't officially have them check it the night before. 

So I presume you're in the same boat... you can just leave it for them to pick up,  but can't officially ask them to take custody of the bag. 

But that's just my personal experience...

maryh1959
Adventurer C

I fly in at around 2pm but the shuttle doesn't run until 4pm. I just want to explore the airport without dragging a bag around.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

I've easily spent an hour or more getting something to eat in the airport after landing before going to grab my bags.  I've also spent that long waiting for bags to get off the plane, lol.  I don't see two hours between landing and bag pickup to be a problem.  Unless the hotel is super far away I would also suggest just getting an Uber/Lyft and get out of the airport as soon as you can.

--TheMiddleSeat