Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

lets take a vote who thinks this site is rigged and not really a Democratic Forum?

• Top contributors should not vote as they get perks & dont have any issues so why else r they on here
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: lets take a vote who thinks this site is rigged and not really a Democratic Forum?

Top Contributor

Hey @MeddleSeat welcome to the Community. You can find more information about the Community Champions program here, let me know if you have interest in being nominated.

--TheMiddleSeat

Highlighted

Re: lets take a vote who thinks this site is rigged and not really a Democratic Forum?

Per MeddleSeat:

"Top contributors should not vote as they get perks..."

How do you know they get perks?

Who/What is your source?

Highlighted

^ Read the link posted above or look at any of our profiles 🙂 

—Jessica 

Highlighted

Thank you,  jksobonya.

I stand corrected!!

Highlighted

@MeddleSeat wrote:
  • Top contributors should not vote as they get perks & dont have any issues so why else r they on here

We are here because we are avid Southwest fliers, primarily, and we are experts on policy and helping out other fliers by answering questions.

Regarding ‘voting’, there’s nothing to really vote on. There is nothing rigged and you can generally post what you want, as long as you adhere to the forum guidelines. 

—Jessica 

Highlighted

I vote that no one should vote on this question.

Highlighted

Top Contributor

It is NOT a democratic forum - Southwest "owns" it. However they can generally let things be discussed within the policies for the community.

Feel free to debate the merits, there are other forums out there that are not provided by an airline. 

We fellow customers are here to offer advice, specifically for traveling on Southwest. I can't wait until I can get back to telling people how to navigate the airport with their kids. 

But the hot topic right now is canceled flights - if anyone, on any airline, has a non-refundable fare then they may receive credit if the passenger initiates the cancel. Southwest offers a travel fund for this purpose that is very generous.

Southwest and other airlines also offer refundable fares. For a long time people looked down on these - why would they pay more for the same trip?!

Well - because they are refundable in case of emergency or need to change. There is trip insurance available through third parties as well if a travel fund wouldn't be acceptable.

But either way - we the fellow posters all here for advice either to give or receive it. Mine is that if you need Southwest to do something, you have to call or email them. My advice is also that they aren't going to refund a non-refundable flight that a passenger canceled.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
Highlighted

You need a course in Logic. Of course everyone knows Southwest owns the site.

Discussion Forum: Get a Webster Dictionary & look it up. Blog: look it up.

When you say SW owns it? Do you mean if I dont like the polices or have a better way to treat Customers that differed from SW's current plan I should not be on here? Then why have a site

encouraging people to communicate. I already got at least 1/2 dozen "atta boys" from SW for participating. Sounds like you want your cake and eat it too. Not everyone flying SW is a frequent flyer. Im a senior & booked before the virus. I didnt even know they dont have sassigned seats until after I booked the flight so I had to pay$50.00 extra to avoid the middle seat. None of my $ will be refunded so SW is earning interest on my $. My friend s wife took ill & I had to fly as it was a Family emergency. When the Virus hit I couldn't fly to risk giving her the virus because at that point I read SW disinfected the planes once per day vs airlines who did between flight. (It took til 2 days ago for Kelly(president of Sw ) to finally announce he's disinfecting between flights now. $14.18 interest SW is getting sitting on my $ could have paid for disinfecting one plane 3 months ago) Why did SW congratulate me for contributing & you are telling me "SW love it or leave it" Yet the site holds itself up as a Forum. It must be fun to bully a  Senior Citizen on the computer? You need a course in Logic. You hav just threatened me to go to another site as its owned by Sw . Why isn't Nicole Ashley censoring you. By the way I dont need you to tell me to call (3 hour wait on the phone) Sw or email them obviously I did that. My purpose is to expose the treatment of  Customers during a pandemic. Please stop telling people how to think or judge how they got stuck w a non refundable fare. I very seldom travel & when SW offered the bingo card of flights yes I took the cheaper one but did not realize it was not refundable to a credit card. The low fares were in large fonts & some tiny ant size disclaimer had very lite print not refundable let alone the mitigating circumstances of the Pandemic. Please go bully someone else .