Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

lost cell phone 7.20.2020

jatsatx3003
Explorer C

Has anyone ever received their cell phone back? I arrived on a late flight. After I got my luggage i realized I had left my phone in seat pocket by tray table. There was no body at the southwest ticket area to talk to. I tried talking to TSA but they said I had to talk to Southwest. I did call southwest and they told me to fill out form, which I did. Today I got an email saying they haven't found my item. I have tried calling southwest but am always given different stories as to how lost and found is handled.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: lost cell phone 7.20.2020

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Yes, people have gotten their cell phones back.

Here is how the process works. Southwest sends all found items to a central location in Alabama. At that location, the firm (it's not Southwest) attempts to match found items with items reported lost. The process can take 30 days.

You can enhance the chances of getting your phone back by including a serial number on your lost item report. I personally stick  address labels on my cell phone and laptop so that if i lose them, they can be readily identified. 

jatsatx3003
Explorer C

Do I have to file a report with that firm also or just southwest? I got an email from some lost and found site that says they look for items but they charge $29. Does anyone know if this is legit?

bec102896
Aviator A

You just file the report with Southwest and they will start the search process. The email saying they will look if you pay sounds like a scam. I know that you may be responsible for shipping if the item is found but you won’t pay anything to look for your phone.

-Blake