Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

lost iphone still on plane

MichaelTJenning
Explorer C

AHHH

Left iphone on 737-700 (Flight 5135) from LGA to MCO yesterday (7/27/21).  I was told by baggage claim person (who called ramp agent) that the phone could not be found on the plane.  I told him that I was pinging the phone at 5:44 at Airside Terminal A Gate 103 so it must be on the floor of the plane.  Today, (7/28/21) the phone pinged at 4:49 PM at Cinncinnati Airport.  That can only mean its still on that plane all the way in the back somewhere near the very last row of seats on right hand side!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: lost iphone still on plane

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Your best bet is to file a lost item report. Include as much information as possible including serial number and other unique identifying details. You can also include the information you shared in your post. 

https://app.nettracer.aero/lf-pax/southwest/lostandfound/landing

Good luck

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Keep track of the flight numbers, and maybe even the tail number for the aircraft. If you can figure it out in real time maybe you can reach the local office at one of the next destinations.

Otherwise keep your lost and found report updated including serial number and any other identifying infomration.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

MichaelTJenning
Explorer C

The phone traveled last night from Cincinnati to Denver and as of this morning (7/29) is at 9100 Gulf Freeway Frontage Rd. Houston, TX.  That seems to be a warehouse location nearby Houston Airport.

MichaelTJenning
Explorer C

Google Earth show that location to be a Marriott.  Hopefully its a member of the flight crew that has it.

MichaelTJenning
Explorer C

Drat- the Saga of the flying cell phone continues. 

I spoke to the front desk at the Marriott outside of Houston Hobby and asked them if they could check with each SWA crew to see if they have the cell phone... no luck.  Then I checked on the position of the phone this afternoon and it was moving.  I tracked it all the way back to Orlando!!! It arrived this afternoon (7/29) on SWA FLT #15 from Houston Hobby to MCO.  I drove to the aiport and tracked it all the way to the the tram from air side to main terminal.  The signal stopped on the tram (I think it finally died).  I checked in with baggage claim office and GOAA lost and found offices multiple times to no avail.  Welp, at least I know its back in Orlando for now... so close and yet...