Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

made a bad situation seem even worse

cj_a
Explorer C
Hello Southwest Team,
I have a few major complaints about the horribly long journey I took to get home. Lets start with the delayed flight out of New Olreans (Flight 3492). We had a layover in St Louis, MO and when we landed we were welcomed with yet another delayed flight, so we wait and wait and wait until being told it was cancelled all together. The airline staff did not do a proper job of relaying relative information to passengers with any alternatives other than oh well, guess we will have to find a flight for you tomorrow have fun finding a hotel at 11 o’clock at night. 

I was told at the Customer Assistance Gate in STL that the only thing that can be offered to me is the next flight at 5:30am. No hotel, no accommodations, just a $100 voucher for my troubles. I felt no empathy from anyone on Southwest airlines at this point and I have flown with you for years and even have the RR credit card through Chase Bank. Because of the delay and circumstances I had to make extra accommodations and spend way more money that a $100 dollar voucher and not to mention miss a whole day of work. I did not get into SAN DIEGO until 1:30PM the next day to find I had also missed a very important business meeting with my boss.

In summary, I spent over $250 in unexpected accomadations, $150 on over night care for my children, and a whole days pay.

Please have a Southwest supervisor contact me immediately.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: made a bad situation seem even worse

bec102896
Aviator A

@cj_a

I'm sorry your flights were delayed and canceled which caused you some extra money and caused you to miss work. although I don't know why your flight ended up being canceled if it was a weather delay then the airline would not provide a hotel if it was a maintenance issue then yes they should have provided a hotel unless the partner hotels were already sold out for the night. Since this is a customer to customer forum I would recommend you call customer relations at 855-234-4654 to speak with someone who can help look in to your recent experience. 

Hope your future flights are delay free!

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@cj_a wrote:
Please have a Southwest supervisor contact me immediately.

Sorry to hear about your flight troubles. This is a customer-to-customer forum, so we can't respond directly about your flight delays and cancellation. You'll need to contact Customer Relations from this link (there is also an email form):

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

General customer service number:

• General Customer Service 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)

Customer relations:

• Customer Relations 1-855-234-4654

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Sabinsay
Explorer C

Yes, i do came across the same situation. 

Nov 1, i had a flight to New York and during our connecting flight in Midway, our flight was canceled due to the fuel guage not matching the amt of gas in the tank. But bc La guardia had a curfew, our flight was canceled completely. Leaving 5 girls with no place to stay at 11pm and they also refused to give us our luggage. 

We asked to speak to a manager, and Miguel Jackson, rudely said "hi yes thats me. You're speaking to him." Long story short, he said the first flight we can get was going to land in New york at 6Pm leaving us no choice but to miss the wedding. 

We go to another agent at another southwest booth and she was more helpful and gave us more options. Said that she can send us to new jersey earlier in the morning. Also told us that we can compensated for the hotel we would be forced to pay for that night. Keep in mind, we were also pay for a place in new York. 

We get to new york to your hotel and LaGuardia agrees to send out luggage to our condo that we were stay at. Multiple items were stolen! 3/5 luggages had numerous items stolen. From hate, speakers, perfume, makeup and jean. 

We spoke to multiple people. Nothing was compensated. Except $350 in LUV vouchers for the inconvenience. Which does not even cover the hotel we were forced to buy in Chicago.

We called the head quarters multiple times, the airport, and other extentions of southwest. Nothing has been done. 

Anyone else know any leads?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Sabinsay wrote:

Anyone else know any leads?

Try the customer relations number again. They won't be able to do anything about the luggage at this point in time most likely, but you should have been given some sort of voucher for the Chicago hotel since the problem was mechanical on your flight. (i.e. not weather-related)

I'm glad you were able to make the wedding by heading to Newark instead.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.