Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

need a new policy expiring vouchers

Alisamx
Explorer C

It's been horrible ! Shame on Southwest!!!  I was supposed to fly Thursday for spring break to New Orleans. Saved up for my tickets last year, had to cancel emergency situation. Wanted to use now but Caronavirus changed this, our hotel won't even be open if we wanted to go!! Every other airline is giving it's passengers 6 more months because of this awful time we are all going through . Southwest actually said I should still use my voucher and go to New Orleans!!!   Wow.  I'm shocked. All other airlines including Spirit is being understanding and sympathetic.  I was told to use it or lose it. Shame on Southwest.

1 REPLY 1

Re: need a new policy expiring vouchers

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@Alisamx wrote:

! Every other airline is giving it's passengers 6 more months because of this awful time we are all going through .  

I haven't heard that. Please provide a link so I can read about it. 

SW has changed travel fund expiration dates -- as much as 15 months out. I think that no other airline has done as much as SW

"

In recognition of the current travel environment, we are extending the expiration date of some travel funds:

• Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1-May 31, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021

• Any newly created travel fund because of a flight cancellation between March 1-May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021 "