Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

no refunds even if may have the Corona Virus

cwinstead
Explorer C

My husband has developed a severe cough and cancelled his flight in 2 days  for the safety of others. He is under medical care. Guess what? No REFUND . Should he have gone and potentially infected others? A $650  (the amount he paid for his ticket) credit for future flight is not acceptable. He now will be unemployed and may need that 650 for food and housing. Future travel is no longer in the budget. I wish Southwest would appreciate his past loyalty and current circumstances and do the right thing. Follow Trump's advice to avoid non-essential travel...?  It may come with a price..Shame on Southwest for holding on to the money of sick people!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: no refunds even if may have the Corona Virus

SWDigits
Aviator A

I'm another customer too, as are most of us in the forums.  If I were in your shoes I would write a letter to Southwest, their mailing address is in the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of all forum pages.

Customer | Home airport DCA

haveaheart
Explorer A

I agree! SHAME ON SOUTHWEST!!!! What a HORRIBLE way to treat sick Americans. So disgusting. They are unashamed of their selfish, greedy, and ignorant behavior.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I would get a note from the doctor and submit it to Southwest and maybe they can help in that situation. 

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint