Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

on hold

Mikaela1
Explorer C

I am trying to speak to someone to use my rapid rewards and no one will answer my hold.  I have been on hold 3 times today for a total of almost 5 hours.  If it wasn't for having money left in a flight account, I would not be flying southwest.  I can't talk to someone.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: on hold

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@Mikaela1 wrote:

I am trying to speak to someone to use my rapid rewards and no one will answer my hold.  I have been on hold 3 times today for a total of almost 5 hours.  If it wasn't for having money left in a flight account, I would not be flying southwest.  I can't talk to someone.

There are huge storms all over the US right now, which are disrupting air travel and causing large numbers of people to call for assistance today. Since it sounds like your need isn't immediate, you're best waiting for things to settle down before you try again.

Better yet, skip calling and make your booking online.

You say you need to use your "rapid rewards," and also "money left in a flight account." Both can be accessed online. Just log into your account on the Southwest website, and you'll see your available Rapid Rewards points total. Also shown will be your available Travel Funds.

Be aware that you can't combine Points with Travel Funds, but you can use both by, for example, booking two one-ways -- one using your Points, and one using your Travel Funds.

Hope this helps.

Mikaela1
Explorer C

I tried to do that, but the confirmation number I put in doesn't work.  I need to order a ticket asap.  The one I need may already be gone since I have been waiting on the phone all day.  My need may not be an emergency, but if the tickets are all gone, then I won't be able to go.

bec102896
Aviator A

@Mikaela1 wrote:

I tried to do that, but the confirmation number I put in doesn't work.  I need to order a ticket asap.  The one I need may already be gone since I have been waiting on the phone all day.  My need may not be an emergency, but if the tickets are all gone, then I won't be able to go.

Are you using your funds for a flight that would take place before the funds expire? Remember travel funds are valid for a year from when you bought the old flight. Also with travel funds are the funds in your name and did you enter your information exactly as it was on the old reservation? Since you say the confirmation number I am guessing these are travel funds. 

-Blake