Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

pricing

rutherford
Explorer C

If prices drop on same exact flight, will you honor new pricing?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: pricing

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Yes they do.  If you change your flight for the lower price and it was a Wana Get Away fare, you would receive a credit that's good for one year from the date of the original purchase, for a future flight.  The credit will be in the person name that's on the ticket. 

kathla
Explorer C

How do you request a refund for the point difference

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@kathla wrote:

How do you request a refund for the point difference

1) Rebook your flight to ANY flight that requires fewer points

2)  Unused points are automatically redeposited in the RR account from which they came

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

My wife and I booked a nonstop flight from dtw to phx back in Dec. Southwest cancelled the nonstop and made it a connecting flight via Den. I went on line and sampled a mult city flight with the exact same schedule and was less expensive than the original connecting flight. I called southwest last and they said I could not get the travel credit and my bags would not transfer. I some explain why. Thank You Jeff

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@Jsmjeff wrote:

My wife and I booked a nonstop flight from dtw to phx back in Dec. Southwest cancelled the nonstop and made it a connecting flight via Den. I went on line and sampled a mult city flight with the exact same schedule and was less expensive than the original connecting flight. I called southwest last and they said I could not get the travel credit and my bags would not transfer. I some explain why. Thank You Jeff

We're sorry for the frustration, Jeff. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to reach out to Southwest Airlines via the options in the link below. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint 

Nicole
Community Manager