Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: refund my ticket to my credit card dont work w my$ Im not a bank.

JF
Explorer A

Thank you, for your honest comment. In law school I took a 2 credits course called 

Equity. The Professor's favorite Principal was," Equity will enjoin unjust enri profit thechment".

The sad thing today is who can afford an attorney. SW does not have an Aunt Ruth which 

makes them RUTHLESS.

I hope you find an attorney who would go after them. Our $ is in the Lock Box gathering Interest while the SW Corporate Management & their Yes Men & (Yes Women) laugh at us with the most Patronizing People in their employment. At least they could send us Vomit bags so when we get their replies its easier to throw up.

If some Idealistic Art Student would Commission a Billboard across from their Headquarters with a Giant Pinochio I would contribute to that to expose the Weasels. Or a Bobble Head Weasel with Wing like an airplane may be a stress relief. All kidding aside You have Principals and Southwest should learn from you. A short term profit they will make but eventually their PATHETIC BAIT & SWITCH & DECEITFUL PRACTICES will catch up to them.

God Bless you for your high standards and stay safe.

& of Course GO DELTA or any Airline besides SW (Alias the Evil Empire)

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No airline is providing cash refunds on non-refundable tickets when the buyer canceled their travel plans. Refunds are only available on non-refundable fares when the airline cancels the flight. So you can go buy tickets for Delta or whoever, but the end result would be the same. 

--TheMiddleSeat

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@JF It seems to me that you have a misunderstanding of who is acting in a deceitful manner. You entered into a contract with SW, and the terms were very clearly laid out. You chose to exercise your right to cancel your flight, and you got credit as spelled out in the contract. In fact, in light of the unusual circumstances, SW has extended the validity of the credit. Your ranting and raving because you do not get special treatment is, quite frankly, tiresome. You are NOT special. The rules apply to you too.

JF
Explorer A

You are probably a plant for the Airline.  I just want $ back on the credit card & 2 out of 3 fares they do allow a credit card refund.  The other airlines do give credit card refunds. If you read my complete email I would be the first not to ask for a refund "but for" the Virus was starting up and I could not risk bringing it thru travel to my friend who was dying. When I booked the flight

the virus was not as manifest. Then SW had the distinction of disinfecting once a day while every other airline disinfected their plane between flights. You are just pontificating  about "the rules" which dont apply in a World Crisis. 

Read my complete emails you will see that SW offered a $99 fare on my flight so I was not preventing them from making the $ I agreed to. Its called mitigating circumstances and in Common Law its referred to as," Equity will enjoin unjust enrichment. " Which has been a corner Stone of our Common Law before you were born. Why you delight in an Airline not standing behind their product during a World Epidemic to Mitigate is beyond me. You know absolutely nothing about the Rights of the Individual. Such judgment in your heart and so pleased to   lecture me when you did not read all the facts. You need a course in Ethics. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Always fun when we have to resort to name calling.

When you purchased the ticket you entered into a contract with Southwest, same as you would with any other airline. The contract of carriage and DOT guidance specifies how refunds are handled so, if you want to talk about legality, you should focus on contract law. As has been said, you canceled your flight so you received credit in the form of a travel fund to use before June 30, 2021. This satisfies the terms of the contract and DOT guidance. 

Despite what you say, no other airline is providing cash refunds for a non-refundable ticket unless the airline cancels the flight. Customer cancels = credit to use later.

Please tone down the language and abide by the Community guidelines. 

--TheMiddleSeat

JF
Explorer A

You think you know contract law. If there is confusion between two parties the contract is interpreted in favor of the person who did Not draw it up. Also my reply to the person who caused me of being deceitful was a truthfuln reply. I am amazed at how you are such a know it amazes me how you have to Repeat the same hard line verbage  over again. You just had to get you 2 cents in You like the airlines ignore the issues. Your remark always nice to name call does that make you feel good about you. It’s ok for you to make a sarcastic remark like that to me but I can’t call someone out for falsely calling me deceitful-. This is a serious hardship for me and not a place for you to butt in and attempt to show off how clever you Think you are. Please run along and butt in someone else s problem. You need a course in Logic. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JF wrote:

You think you know contract law. If there is confusion between two parties the contract is interpreted in favor of the person who did Not draw it up.  

There is no confusion about the terms of the contract. The verbiage is quite clear and understandable. You just don't want to abide by them. 

bec102896
Aviator A

@JF 

Please keep in mind the Community User Guidelines when posting here in the community.