Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

sharing itineraries with others

ethicschick
Explorer C

I just used "let them know you are coming function" to inform family about my upcoming trip but no one got the message. I've had trouble with this function all year (as has my husband). And, no, the messages are not going into our spam files.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any fix? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: sharing itineraries with others

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

when you book a new ticket at the bottom of the process you can add extra email address,

Or when they send you your email,  you can just forward it yourself.

ethicschick
Explorer C

Yes, we are aware of the function for adding an email--but that doesn't work for us either.  Thanks, though, for the suggestion.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @ethicschick,

I haven't heard reports of anyone else having issues with the "Let them know you're coming" function, but I'm glad you posted about it - hopefully we'll hear from other Members of the Community and can determine whether this is a widespread or isolated problem. 

berliner74
Explorer C

I've had the same problem sharing my itinerary with others, most recently with my flight last month (Jan. 2017) and with my booked upcoming flight (Feb. 2017).  I asked the "letting others know" persons to check their emails and junk emails but they got nothing.  Then I tried to go back into my Southwest account to see if there was a way to redo and/or add more "letting others know emails" and evidently there isn't. I suppose you just have to forward your own email confirmation instead.