Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

southwest and Qanon

room
Explorer C
According to AP news, Southwest has contributed to candidates who support Qanon. southwest didnt' mention.
But in October 2019, Rep. Lynn retweeted posts by QAnon-promoting accounts with tens of thousands of followers. One of the posts she retweeted praised Trump and included the hashtag #TheGreatAwakening, a phrase commonly invoked by QAnon followers.
Between Oct. 31, 2019, and Jan. 9, 2020, her campaign received $4,750 in donations from Amazon.com Services LLC, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee’s PAC, health insurer Humana, the Southwest Airlines Co. Freedom Fund and Walmart Inc.
Turns out that whole diversity thing is just pr. boycott? other airlines haven't contributed.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: southwest and Qanon

dfwskier
Aviator A

After  you provide a link to a site that verifies your allegation, I might believe you.

I'll be waiting.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@dfwskier wrote:

After  you provide a link to a site that verifies your allegation, I might believe you.

I'll be waiting.

Be careful what you ask for, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's true. Unfortunately, very large companies often donate to a variety of political causes and candidates, including some that are controversial, and occasionally, apparently, some that are just bat s&*t crazy. It's unfortunate.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

@dfwskier wrote:

I'll be waiting.

Be careful what you ask for, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's true. Unfortunately, very large companies often donate to a variety of political causes and candidates, including some that are controversial, and occasionally, apparently, some that are just bat s&*t crazy. It's unfortunate.

And mainly those that have jurisdiction over airports that they serve. I don't know who Rep Lynn is but if I had to guess she supports air travel for her local airport. I'm sure they would distance themselves if there was any concrete link. It will need to go further than a hashtag though. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

This came across my news feed this morning.

Walmart, Amazon among donors to QAnon-promoting lawmaker

I do hope that Southwest issues a statement "distancing themselves", but I suspect that won't happen.

gsking
Aviator C

Please don't fly Southwest.   The rest of us will make our decisions on more pertinent facts.