Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

southwest cancelled my flight and I need a refund, help!!?

rohnjobus
Explorer C

How do I actually get to talk to someone at Southwest who can help.  I called the 1-800 number and was told she could not provide a refund I had to talk to someone in Resolutions and the only way to contact them was to email and then they will get back to you.   I emailed on Sunday and have still no heard anything.   my flight was cancelled on the 11th 5 hours before takeoff and I have still yet to receive ANY help from Southwest with this issue.  this is PATHETIC customer service. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: southwest cancelled my flight and I need a refund, help!!?

jksobonya
Aviator A

Click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page - it lists every way you can contact Southwest.

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You emailed on Sunday and you're complaining about not getting a response yet?  Have some PATIENCE, it takes time to work through all the issues and resolve them properly.

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If Southwest cancelled the flight the phone rep should have been able to issue the refund. You can try HUCA (hang up, call again) or my recommendation would be to reach out via social media -- Twitter direct message is likely best. Provide your confirmation number, state that Southwest cancelled the flight, and request the refund.

Good luck.

jnpakp
Explorer C

My Friday 4/1 flight was cancelled, also.  I have to apply for the refund?  How about the refund should be automatic and immediate.  Also, instead of just telling customers they are on their own to book another existing flight - all of which were full or cancelled on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - how about if Southwest schedules additional flights to accommodate the passengers who are now stuck?  It would go very far to keeping your customers satisfied if we received a follow up text or email that says "sorry we cancelled your flight, but we are going to send extra planes on these dates to try and get you to your destination". 

The way it is now, I feel like SWA effectively said; "your flight is cancelled you're own your own".

I've been a happy SWA traveller for decades, but this was a very bad experience.

By the way, I got home on Spirit Airlines 24 hours later and I just may consider them before SWA for my next flights.