Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

southwest first time flyer certificate

srimurthy82
Explorer C

Hi,

how can i get my baby's southwest first time flyer certificate, she travelled on June 1 2018
from Detroit, MI to Atlanta, GA
Confirmation # OSH2NB

PLease Help

11 REPLIES 11

Re: southwest first time flyer certificate

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Not sure about a certificate, but they give out wings on board if you ask.  

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I found a post from 2013 elsewhere on the internet from someone who managed to get a certificate after asking a handful of Southwest employees. Seems they were being phased out back then, 5 years ago, so very unlikely to find one now.

--TheMiddleSeat

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

You could always create your own certificate and send it to Southwest with a note requesting that the crew that worked your flight sign it. It may take a while to get around to all the crew for signatures but it would be an awesome keepsake for your daughter!

bec102896
Aviator A

I would create one and ask the crew to sign it onboard just in case they don't have a certificate to give but they might have some wings they can give out though as I have seen those from time to time and depending on the crew they might let the first time flier take a peak inside the cockpit just talk to the crew as your boarding. 

Also could you please edit your post to remove your confirmation number that's for your own protection.

hope this helps

Blake 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@srimurthy82 I'm curious where you heard about the certificate.

--TheMiddleSeat

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @srimurthy82

i think we can hook you up. Please send me a private message with your mailing address and your baby's name. 

Preciousxlisa
Explorer C

My daughter is 17 months and will be flying for her first time next month. Can I get a certificate for her?

Shbrenne
Explorer C

I am taking my 4 year old grandson with me on a trip from Philadelphia to Tampa on Dec. 11. How can I get a First time flyer document?

sbmills
Explorer C

Hello,

Our grandson will be flying for the first time to Boston on the 17th of May. How do we request a first flyer certificate?

Thanks so much!

Susan