Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

travel funds for tickets originally purchased on same booking

bawhitten
Explorer C

I purchased tickets for my 11 yo son and myself on one reservation.  We both have RR accounts.  I had to cancel the trip and am now trying to book again using the travel funds.  I tried booking tickets for both of us at the same time again, but when applying the travel funds, I only got half of the funds.  So I tried booking our tickets individually.  I can use the travel funds to book my flight, but when I try to book by son's flight, I get an error message. "Sorry, we found some errors...Confirmation number and/or passenger name incorrect."

I can log into my son's RR account and see his travel funds are there and valid as with my account, but I cannot use his travel funds.  What's the problem?  What's the trick?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: travel funds for tickets originally purchased on same booking

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That is an odd one that may require contact with Southwest. My only thought would be to double check the name of your son on the original booking confirmation email. Is the spelling correct? Was a middle name used or not used? The new booking needs to match the name exactly. Try making the new reservation with and without a middle name. 

Please report back if you are able to resolve this. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: travel funds for tickets originally purchased on same booking

dfwskier
Aviator A

If the suggestion by TheMiddleSeat does not solve the issue, then another option would be to reach out to Southwest's Customer Relations Department via Twitter (@Southwestair), or phone at 1-855-234-4654. It's open Monday thru Friday during normal business hours.