Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

travel funds

johnjam101
Explorer A

How to know if you have travel funds without knowing your confirmation #'s?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: travel funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Travel funds created after December 3, 2019 are now listed in your account on southwest.com. Travel funds created before December 3, 2019 will require you to have the confirmation number. Perhaps you can check your confirmation emails that you should have received after booking or changing your flight? 

--TheMiddleSeat

johnjam101
Explorer A

I also found this at Travel Gal

Click this Check Travel Funds page on Southwest.com, but you’ll need to have the confirmation number and the name of the original person it was tied to.

Don’t know your confirmation number? click on My Trips/Past Trips under My Account on Southwest.com to pull old confirmation numbers.

johnjam101
Explorer A

Make that at:

www.gototravelgal.com

jksobonya
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Travel funds created after December 3, 2019 are now listed in your account on southwest.com. 

--TheMiddleSeat

You're kidding! They listened!! When was this announced and how did I miss it! Very exciting news! 

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jksobonya It does not appear that Southwest made a formal announcement about the change. Perhaps it's a soft rollout for testing or a sign of other changes coming before an announcement.

--TheMiddleSeat

Cbaugh
Explorer C

This is still a crazy way to do things.  with any other online store I can go see all of my orders and cancelled orders and any credit type balances without having to hunt down my confirmation number or save some ticket or print out a voucher and keep it with me somehow to take advantage of dollars I already paid.

What happens here is I cancel a flight and I get a voucher.  Then, if I don't remember I have those funds (because it's a corporate account) I basically lose them.  They also don't come in email.  So searching email doesn't work.  Which means unless I print or memorize the voucher number I've basically thrown the money away.

It's really super simple - put all travel funds into your account and show that amount online.  Done.  I'm not sure why it's so difficult.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Cbaugh as mentioned above, travel funds are now available in your Rapid Rewards account.

--TheMiddleSeat

Cbaugh
Explorer C

I will admit that I was wrong here.  The links they typically provide send you back to the “find funds” page.  When I went in to just my account, there was the 1 that I just cancelled.  I have about $1500 worth of vouchers that I still need to find.