13 REPLIES 13

Re: travel funds

franktravel
Aviator B

You need your conformation number.  Check funds here http://tinyurl.com/2dau8cz

shdf
Explorer C

Thanks, it only let me check four confirm numbers.  Why would that be?  I wanted to check all for the past 12 months to make sure I didn't miss any before they expire.  How do I check more than four?  I know for sure I have funds available under one confirm number.  Thanks for your help

chgoflyer
Aviator A

To check more, just re-load the page and enter more numbers.

Unfortunately, Southwest, unlike some other carriers, doesn't keep a "bank" of your travel funds easily viewable in your account. They require the passenger to keep track of their confirmation numbers / travel credits / expiration dates manually. People have long requested a "travel bank" feature, but there's no indication that will ever be added, so I suggest using a spreadsheet or writing them down.

ljb1
Explorer C

I love Southwest but in my opinion, it looks like Southwest would LIKE us to forget we have travel funds since they do NOT help us to keep track of it!  Very shady...

SouthwestSue
Explorer C

Yes -- it is incredibly difficult to keep track of these travel funds/credits.  My family had a flight cancelled on them after waiting for over 4 hours at the airport (Southwest kept delaying the flight until it was too late to find a flight that night) bc Southwest did not have a flight crew to fly the plane.  There were no weather issues or any other issue which was out of Southwest's control. As a result, my family had to buy expensive last minutes tickets for the next morning and lost value time at a family function.  Now, I almost couldn't even find these travel funds. Come on Southwest -- do the right thing.  Show these credits on your Account Info section so that they can be used efficiently and appropriately.  Southwest does everything right but this is very shady!  I almost think that they want you to forget -- it's plain wrong!  Especially in my circumstance when it was TOTALLY their fault.  Our family should actually be compensated for the extra cost that we had to pay -- really this is shameful!  Do the right thing!!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@SouthwestSue wrote:

Yes -- it is incredibly difficult to keep track of these travel funds/credits.  My family had a flight cancelled on them after waiting for over 4 hours at the airport (Southwest kept delaying the flight until it was too late to find a flight that night) bc Southwest did not have a flight crew to fly the plane.  There were no weather issues or any other issue which was out of Southwest's control. As a result, my family had to buy expensive last minutes tickets for the next morning and lost value time at a family function.  Now, I almost couldn't even find these travel funds. Come on Southwest -- do the right thing.  Show these credits on your Account Info section so that they can be used efficiently and appropriately.  Southwest does everything right but this is very shady!  I almost think that they want you to forget -- it's plain wrong!  Especially in my circumstance when it was TOTALLY their fault.  Our family should actually be compensated for the extra cost that we had to pay -- really this is shameful!  Do the right thing!!

I'm not sure I understand your situation. If your flight was cancelled, you were due a full refund back to the original form of purchase, not travel funds.

dldart
Explorer C

Re travel funds...on top of not keeping balances they removed the cancelled flight from my history in my account so I cannot even find the confirmation number.  Very bad for customers, especially frequent flyers. 

franktravel
Aviator B

Do you save your emails from Southwest?  You may want to make a email folder called "Travel funds" just a suggestion.

avafocus
Explorer C

would like to find out if i have a travel fund balance