Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

travel funds

dwjonesii
Explorer C

i have some unused travel funds that i want to use but already booked a another flight. is there a way i can re-book using the funds?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: travel funds

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

You can cancel the new booking (and get a refund) IF you cancel within 24 hours (and did not use travel funds for the new booking). Then you could use the travel funds .

If not, cancelling would just give you more travel funds to use in th future.  Given that, if the old travel funds are due to expire soon, and you are not likely to be able to use them in any other way, that might make sense.

Re: travel funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

If not, cancelling would just give you more travel funds to use in th future.  Given that, if the old travel funds are due to expire soon, and you are not likely to be able to use them in any other way, that might make sense.

When you apply travel funds, all funds from that reservation now take on the oldest expiration date.

If they cancel the flight, they would need to rebook a new one using only the old funds (none of the new ones from the flight just cancelled), otherwise any leftover funds would also expire soon. So, this works only if the existing travel funds are enough to completely cover the new flight, and/or they plan to travel again prior to the expiration of the newly cancelled flight.