Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

travling with children

New Arrival

what documents do i need to fly with my children


Re: travling with children

Top Contributor

What ages, and will travel be domestic or international?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: travling with children

Active Member

Hey @jcastro


If your child is an infant and will be traveling as a lap child, you will need a birth certificate. 


If children are flying on any special fares (infant or child) they will need to be age verified. (Read more at the link I provided below.)


Read more here from the Southwest website:


If your kids are aged 6 & under, you qualify for family boarding. That occurs between A and B group boarding. 


Happy travels!

Re: travling with children

New Arrival

Birth certificate or passport for domestic and passport for international