Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

using travel voucher from domestic flights for international

jojo1423
Explorer C

Is it true that I can't use travel credits I have from domestic flights toward the purchase of an international flight? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: using travel voucher from domestic flights for international

franktravel
Aviator B

Accepted payments for International Itineraries:

You may use a maximum of three forms of payment per passenger to purchase an international itinerary, which includes one credit card or PayPal account per transaction. Accepted forms of payment include credit cards, PayPal, Southwest gift cards, Southwest LUV vouchers, and/or unused ticketless travel funds; however, all forms of payment may not be accepted at all locations. Cash may be accepted at some international locations at the Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter. PayPal is only accepted at Southwest.com.

jojo1423
Explorer C

Except every time I try to apply the credit i know I have from a cancelled domestic flight, i get this error message:

• We were unable to retrieve your funds from the information provided. Please verify your applied travel funds information and try again. (46203 [-1] [13614])

And I just used some of the funds from this credit to adjust another domestic flight and it went through fine.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @jojo1423,

Does the flight that you trying to book take place after the expiration date of your funds? If so, that's why the travel funds won't apply. All travel funds must be used (travel completed) prior to the expiration date. 

Domestic vs international doesn't matter - funds can applied to any flight!