Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

vouchers and discounts

kelsteg
Explorer C

I have a 50% off offer and a voucher (2 separate things) from Southwest. Are either or both of these transferrable to someone else, or must they be used by the name on the offer and voucher?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: vouchers and discounts

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi

Read #5,  I believe it can be used by anyone.  As far as the 50% off,  If it came to you in a email it is only for the persons who Rapid Reward number that is on it. 

Southwest® LUV Vouchers:

Southwest Airlines accepts Southwest LUV Vouchers for Passenger travel on Southwest Airlines purchased through Southwest Airlines, excluding the Southwest Airlines Group Desk and Southwest Airlines Vacations. Southwest LUV Vouchers may be redeemed at Southwest.com, through Southwest Airlines Reservations, and at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter locations. To redeem a Southwest LUV Voucher, purchaser must have a Southwest LUV Voucher number and associated security code.

Southwest LUV Vouchers Terms and Conditions:

Southwest LUV Vouchers and air fare paid with Southwest LUV Vouchers are subject to the applicable incorporated terms, Contract of Carriage, and rules and regulations of Southwest Airlines.

1. Southwest LUV Vouchers are valid as a form of payment toward future air fare only on Southwest Airlines through Southwest.com, toll-free Reservations 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792), or at any Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter.
  2. Southwest LUV Vouchers must be redeemed and all travel completed by the expiration date indicated. If applied in conjunction with any other accepted form(s) of payment, the earliest expiration date of all payments applies. Validity of Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be extended and any unused value will be forfeited upon expiration.
  3. Southwest LUV Vouchers are not redeemable as payment toward Government-imposed segment fees, Passenger Facility Charges, or September 11th Security Fees or as payment toward miscellaneous charges, Southwest Airlines Group tickets, Southwest Airlines Vacations packages, or travel either wholly or in part on other air carriers.
  4. Southwest LUV Vouchers and travel issued in exchange for Southwest LUV Vouchers have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash or other monetary consideration. Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
  5. To redeem a Southwest LUV Voucher, purchaser must have a Southwest LUV Voucher number and associated security code. If a balance remains after redemption, please retain this Southwest LUV Voucher number and security code for future use.
  6. Southwest LUV Vouchers are VOID if sold, altered, purchased, brokered, and/or bartered.

psoloby1
Explorer C

I have 2 vouchers I will be using. Am I allowed to use them along with reward miles for the balance ?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@psoloby1wrote:

I have 2 vouchers I will be using. Am I allowed to use them along with reward miles for the balance ?

No, you can't combine Points with any other payment method  -- except that you can use Travel Funds to pay for the taxes and fees on a Points booking. (Vouchers however aren't valid for taxes and fees.)

You could break the trip up into individual one-ways (which is always good advice on Southwest anyway), and use the vouchers on the outbound, and points for the return for example, if that helps.

Be aware that you'll still have to pay the taxes/fees with a credit card.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @kelsteg,

You can use a Southwest LUV Voucher to book a flight for anyone - they are fully transferable! For the 50% off code, make sure you carefully read through the terms and conditions. Sometimes we offer a code that can be applied to any ticket, and sometimes the terms and conditions are more limiting. 

Thanks for bringing your questions to the Community! 

I have a $100 dlls voucher to redeem and...

josealonsojimen
Explorer C

HI

I have a $100 dlls voucher to redeem, and I'm trying to purshase a flight on www.southwest.com, and the only space to introduce my coucher is the PROMO CODE field, but it saids that is incorrect, actually becouse my vouvher numbre has 16 numbre while the promo code like 10 characteres.

1. So what I'm doing wrong?

2. What do I have to do to redeem my 100 voucher on southwest.com?

Thank's

Re: I have a $100 dlls voucher to redeem and...

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @josealonsojimen,

Easy solution to this one 🙂

Go ahead and book your ticket, and when you get to the payment screen, there will be a place for you to enter your 16-digit LUV Voucher code. You'll also enter the 4 digit security code. 

The promo code space is for something different - actual promotions that we send out occasionally in the mail. 

Cardinal19
Explorer C

how many vouchers can be used at one time , for instance 2 people both have 2 -100 dollar vouchers can they use both of them each on round trip tickets?

Thank you

franktravel
Aviator B

"You may use a maximum of three forms of payments per passenger, which includes one credit card or PayPal account per transaction. The following forms of payment are accepted at Southwest.com, through Southwest Airlines® Reservations, and at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter locations: Credit Cards, Unused Ticketless Travel Funds, Southwest gift cards, and Southwest LUV Vouchers. Cash is accepted only at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counters."

teach871969
Explorer C

That actually doesn't work.

I was trying to use my LUV voucher to book 2 roundtrip flights from ISP to BWI, August 23-27. There is a $49 sale for that particular flight, which is due to expire in 14 minutes.

I went through the steps you listed and there was no space to enter the voucher/security code numbers. I called Southwest Customer service at 10:30 PM EST and was told there was a 120 minute wait. Considering the sale ends in 14 minutes, I guess I'm out of luck!

I just find it curious that there is a two hour wait the evening that a sale you are running is due to expire.