Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: I have a $100 dlls voucher to redeem and...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@teach871969 wrote:

That actually doesn't work.

I was trying to use my LUV voucher to book 2 roundtrip flights from ISP to BWI, August 23-27. There is a $49 sale for that particular flight, which is due to expire in 14 minutes.

I went through the steps you listed and there was no space to enter the voucher/security code numbers. I called Southwest Customer service at 10:30 PM EST and was told there was a 120 minute wait. Considering the sale ends in 14 minutes, I guess I'm out of luck!

I just find it curious that there is a two hour wait the evening that a sale you are running is due to expire. 

Since they have had the sale availabe for a while I don't suspect a conspiracy to clog up the phone lines now - probably just a lot of others like yourself trying to book and looking for assistance.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: I have a $100 dlls voucher to redeem and...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@teach871969 wrote:

That actually doesn't work.

I was trying to use my LUV voucher to book 2 roundtrip flights from ISP to BWI, August 23-27. There is a $49 sale for that particular flight, which is due to expire in 14 minutes.

I went through the steps you listed and there was no space to enter the voucher/security code numbers. I called Southwest Customer service at 10:30 PM EST and was told there was a 120 minute wait. Considering the sale ends in 14 minutes, I guess I'm out of luck!

I just find it curious that there is a two hour wait the evening that a sale you are running is due to expire. 

Unfortunately, it is a bit harder to find in the new booking website layout. Under Payment Method, there's a line that says Southwest® gift card, Travel Funds, or Southwest LUV Voucher. Click on it to open up the area where you'll infout the info from your voucher.

The phone lines are always super busy during a sale (especially near the end of the sale period), and this is traditionally one of the largest sales of the year.

If you booked but didn't apply the voucher, check the fare again. If it's still the same you can cancel now, within 24 hours, for a full refund, then rebook and apply the voucher. If the fare has increased, perhaps you can use the voucher on another flight.

1.png2.png