Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

vouchers

bgorkoff
Explorer C

I am living in Canada and unable to cross the border to access SWA services due to covid. As a result of complications and inconveniences on a flight from Spokane to New Orleans, my wife and I were issued travel vouchers. Our travel plans were affected by Covid in March so we requested and received a six month extension of the vouchers. Six months later we  are still unable to cross the border and requested a further extension. This request has been refused. I am extremely disappointed with the inflexibility demonstrated by a SouthWest policy which appears to ignore the new reality. Our future travel plans will certainly take into consideration the insensitive and illogical reaction of Southwest to our situation.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: vouchers

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

If you had raised   this issue a week or two ago, there would have been an easy solution. Use the voucher to buy a ticket and then cancel the ticket to provide you a travel fund good thru 9/7/22. The option went away on 9/7/20.

The best you can do now is contact customer relations and hope for the best.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

bgorkoff
Explorer C
Solution

I have contacted  customer relations and it is like talking to a broken record. They just keep repeating the policy

dfwskier
Aviator A

I would advise persistence. Call customer relations and ask for a supervisor