Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Medical insurance included in flight?

kfineman
Explorer C

I am reading about traveling to Cuba and see that medical insurance is required to have. It looks like many airlines include this in their ticket, is that the case here as well? Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Medical insurance included in flight?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @kfineman,

Yes, U.S. citizens are required by the Cuban government to have local Cuban health insurance. Non-U.S. citizens are also required to have health insurance that covers the territory of Cuba. When purchasing your Southwest ticket to Cuba, Cuban health insurance provided by ESICUBA and administered by Asistur will automatically be included in the cost of your fare. Terms and conditions of the health insurance can be accessed from the ESICUBA website. 

natgalley
Explorer C
I am going to cuba on southwest with the Florida Aquarium on the 21th of march. The website for ESISCUBA does not work. I have tried on seceral computers and internet. I would like to know if it includes existing conditions? Can I either get an answer to if it does or a copy of the insurance poilicy so I can read it? Thanks very much for your help. Nat

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @natgalley,

Here is a link to the PDF of the general conditions of the travel insurance. I'm sorry the link to the actual web site didn't work for you. The actual website is http://www.esicuba.cu/ProdPersonas.html if you want to paste it into your browser. 

natgalley
Explorer C
http://www.esicuba.cu/ProdPersonas.html (the link you gave) is the same link that does not work, for me anyways. Please try it and see if it works for you. I can't imagine Spectrum (my isp) is the cause. Nat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You might actually be blocked since it is a Cuban website? It did work for me in Illinois.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

G-Deb
Explorer B

Should we Print out the information from the cuban site and take with us?  TIA

chavtwo
Explorer C

The link you provided takes us to a general product page. Which exact product do we receive? Please advise. Thanks. 

BeckyinAnthem
Explorer C

I don't see that this issue was ever resolved. We, too, are unable to access the link you provided. We receive a 404 Not Found error. We can't access the link to the PDF you provided, either. We'd like to print out a copy of the insurance to take with us.

BrieStrickland
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Hey there @kfineman and @BeckyinAnthem,

When purchasing a Southwest ticket to Cuba, Cuban health insurance is included as a mandatory Cuba Health Insurance Fee. Terms and conditions of the health insurance can be accessed from the ESICUBA website.

Brie 

Southwest Community Moderator