Help me understand how I'm wrong. Notably, what am I misunderstanding about the policy posted on the page "2021 Rapid Rewards Qualifying Transactions for 2022 Status" ?
I'm posting a redacted version of what I sent to Southwest support. When I talked to their Twitter support, it seemed the rep didn't understand my concern, so I'm trying again with them. (Twitter kept trying to tell me why I didn't qualify for 2021 Companion Pass status... which I know I didn't, so that's not a concern.)
Hello. My Rapid Rewards number is xxxx
I tried bringing up this concern with your Twitter team but I believe there was a misunderstanding about my concern and request, so I'm starting over here. Thank you for giving it a look.
1. I recently opened a Chase Southwest credit card, with the intention of earning points and status for year 2022.
2. My first deposit of points from the Chase card deposited to Southwest on Dec 29, 2021. These counted for 2021 status, and have not transferred over for 2022 status.
3. My understanding from Southwest's rules was that points posted at the end of 2021 would count for 2022 status.
4. I had that understanding from this Southwest webpage: https://t.co/twppNZOvpu -- the page is called "2021 Rapid Rewards Qualifying Transactions for 2022 Status" -- on this page it states "Credit card points posted to your Rapid Rewards account in 2021, including bonus points, will count toward qualifying for a 2022 Companion Pass."
5. If I had known that points deposited in Dec 2021 would not count for 2022 status, I would have changed my credit card behavior.
6. My request is that you please credit my 2022 Companion Pass progress with the points from Dec 2021
7. Please understand: I am not concerned about missing a 2021 tier. I am trying to earn for tiers/Companion Pass in 2022.
8. Please understand: From the Southwest posted webpage titled "2021 Rapid Rewards Qualifying Transactions for 2022 Status" I had every belief that my Dec 2021 points would count for 2022.
9. Thank you for giving this a look. I would really appreciate these credits for my 2022 Companion Pass progress. Thanks again.
... View more