I wrote a few days ago hoping SWA would provide must more detail about what was missed and how it impacts flight safety. You all have begun to do that. Also, this latest step to reinspect planes for potential other paper process issues is a sign in the right direction. I continue to watch and hope SWA reestablishes the reality of a great maintenance program.
... View more
I have been a very loyal customer of Southwest for many years. Most of the time I prefer Southwest to any other carrier to get to my destination. However, I will have to rethink this position as these weeks go by and the investigation results and hearings continue. On CNN the CEO said they completed 99% of all inspections. That leaves 1% not done. In my line of business 1% can kill you. In the airline business 1% can kill you. I applaud Southwest for disclosing the issue. I hold them accountable for allowing many more flights without the inspections once the error was found. That is a management style that puts profit over safety. It would be good to understand the technical rationale to allow the planes to fly once the errors in the maintenance process were found. Other folks say that the record of no fatal crashes due to maintenance speaks for it self. I say Southwest got lucky, and I have a hard time flying with luck being the safety policy. I am glad Boeing made a recommendation to Southwest, but ultimately, Southwest is accountable for their aircraft safety.
I am not a fan of CNN or the media in general, and I can cut through the Ã
... View more