With the addition of flights to Sarasota/Bradenton, Southwest Airlines now serves 11 airports in Florida. Interested in things to do in Sarasota, Florida? Sarasota attractions include relaxing on Siesta Key Beach and Lido Key Beach, booking a Sarasota boat rental or a Sarasota fishing charter, visiting the Ringling Museum Sarasota, enjoying a sunset, and more. Tune in to learn about Sarasota, Florida, things to do!
- Get up close and personal with the area’s sea life through a trip with Paradise Boat Tours in Bradenton. On your tour, you’ll explore the Intracoastal Waterways and have a chance to see wildlife like manatees, dolphins, rays, and more.
- The Ringling: This unique museum showcases artifacts and treasures of one of history’s most popular forms of entertainment. The Circus Museum includes props and equipment from the Ringling Bros. circus, a clown car, newspaper clippings and written materials, and a spectacular recreation of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus shows from 1919-1938.
- The Robinson Preserve in Bradenton offers a variety of activities to experience while you explore the 682-acre lands. The terrain varies, with tidal marsh and mangroves, and former agricultural land that has been transformed into a coastal wetland. Pack and picnic and spend the day, hike the area, or explore the waters by kayak.
- While Sarasota is known for its beautiful beaches, take a break from the sand and surf and check out TreeUmp! Adventure Course. Here, you’re sure to find activities for all ages and ability levels, from ziplining through the trees, to climbing walls, to an airborne skateboard.
- Bradenton Riverwalk: this downtown park overlooks the Manatee River and is a great place to spend the day. Hit the courts and try your hand at beach volleyball, or sit back and relax in the furnished outdoor living rooms. The Tidal Discovery Zone allows visitors to see the marine life teeming along the river’s edge, and the Fishing Pier is known as one of the best fishing spots, with snook, trout, and redfish swimming in the river.
- A favorite pastime of beachgoers is building sandcastles, but The Sandventure Crew in Siesta Key takes it to a whole new level! These creative builders make one-of-a sculptures for a variety of occasions, from weddings and proposals to corporate events. Want to learn the tricks of their trade? The Sandventure Crew will provide lessons and teach you some new techniques for your next sandcastle.
- Looking for some adventure in your trip to Sarasota and Bradenton? Check out CB’s Outfitters, which offers fishing charters, boat and jet ski rentals, and parasailing adventures.
Grab a Bite
- Start your day with a treat from Five-O Donut Co. and choose from their line-up of “arrestingly good donuts.” They offer traditional donuts like glazed and powdered cake donuts, and special donuts like the cookie monster, peanut butter Butterfinger, Nutella s’mores, and cinnamon toast crunch.
- Star Fish Company began as a fish market in the early 1920s, and expanded to include a restaurant in 1996. Stop by and pick up a grouper, oysters, or snapper to cook, or dine-in and enjoy their fresh fish and sides like hush puppies or cheese grits.
- One of the best places to dine is Beach House Restaurant, which boasts sustainable and locally-sourced ingredients. The menu features a variety of seafood dishes, like oysters Rockefeller, clam chowder, a grouper sandwich, fish tacos, fried shrimp, and more.
- Perspectives Rooftop Bar at Art Ovation Hotel is a great spot to catch the sunset and enjoy craft cocktails. The views are unparalleled, as you can take in the ocean views and cityscape in one sitting.
Take It All In
- Dreaming of your beach getaway? Make plans to spend time on Siesta Key Beach and Bean Point Beach. Take in the sunrises and sunsets while relaxing with your toes in the sand.
Inspired to visit Sarasota and Bradenton? Visit Southwest.com to explore our flight schedule and to book your next trip now!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.