Memorial Day is this Monday, May 31, and while the Nation honors those who gave their lives for this country; Southwest Airlines is paying tribute to servicemen and women who are traveling with us on this holiday!
We are providing a complimentary drink on board our flights to all military personnel flying with us on Memorial Day. Just show your military ID to a Flight Attendant and enjoy! We will also ask our Customers to allow these special heroes to board and deplane the aircraft first.
The Memorial Day Holiday also kicks off the summer travel season so we’ve compiled a list of our top six travel tips:
6. Remember you can check in and print your boarding pass online 24-hours before your flight. If you really want to relieve some stress and be a super summer traveler, try our Early Bird option. When purchased, Early Bird automatically checks you in for your flight 36 hours in advance, which means there is one less thing to think about as you prepare for travel!
5. We love your bags, your golf clubs, and your water skis – and they fly for free! Southwest still does not charge for your first two checked bags (including some sporting equipment), so feel free to bring a few extra swimsuits or towels to the beach! Customers can check out our baggage policy here:
4. Arrive at the airport early to allow time for the security check and crowds. Take advantage of your iPhone with handy travel apps such as Southwest Airlines, Gate Guru, or Flight Aware. Each app has its own specialty, but all three can help make your summer travel a breeze!
3. Put all your pocket-clutter in your suitcase or bag right before going through security. Also, don’t forget to put your laptop and travel-sized liquids in their own separate bin, so you can speed your way into a fun in the sun vacation.
2. Don’t forget to take advantage of our Rapid Rewards program to earn credits. The more you fly, the more you earn, and you can earn credits by using our hotel, dining, and car rental partners too.
1. Oh, and a bonus too! Send us some pictures! We love seeing where our Customers go on vacation. Customers can upload pics to our Facebook wall, send them to us on Twitter, or add them for other Customers to enjoy at the Southwest Airlines Travel Guide!