Happy New Year … err … I should say, “Happy January 2018 Schedule!” Southwest is now offering flights thru March 7, and with a New Year comes New Year’s resolutions, January winters to hunker down through, and the customary changes to our flight schedule.
Beginning January 8, there will be several new and seasonally returning markets. Unfortunately, we are not launching service to Pyeongchang, South Korea, so you’ll have to watch the 2018 Winter Olympics from the comfort of your own home. But here is what we have to offer and be sure to check out the attachment for all the details:
- We have increased our presence between two, sunny destinations with a San Diego to Tampa Bay daily nonstop roundtrip.
- We want to show “LUV” to our snow-bound friends so we have launched new, seasonal Saturday and Sunday service between Des Moines and Phoenix; and Fort Lauderdale and New York-La Guardia. The LGA-FLL market will allow our New York Customers the opportunity to experience non-stop service, as well as our new Ft. Lauderdale International terminal.
- We have also increased service for our Windy City fliers by going daily between Chicago Midway and the tropical destinations of Montego Bay, Jamaica and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- With the New Year we bring back “old friends” with seasonally returning markets focused on the warm and inviting destinations of Florida, with a heavy emphasis on Ft. Myers.
- For those partial to the cold, Baltimore to Salt Lake City to enjoy the snow and slopes. We also sing “Auld Lang Syne” to several city pair for their traditional seasonal hibernation.
Continuing to focus on improving our Customer Experience and simply giving our Customers more flight options, you may notice more and more markets are slowly expanding from our traditional Saturday- only service to operating on both Saturday and Sunday. This allows us to offer our valuable Customers more choices on when they “Wanna Get Away!”