Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding Pass information on App for International Flight

kaldrich21
Explorer C

We just flew to Cabo last month DAL-PHX-SJD.  When checking in on the app it says save time and now use the boarding pass on the App no longer need to print. 

At DAL we checked a bag and they reviewed our passports.  The agent asked if we wanted paper tickets, I didn't but my wife said yes so we got them. We boarded just fine in DAL.

At PHX we started boarding got to the agent pulled up the pass on my phone and the agent said, "I need a paper boarding pass"  I showed her that the app one said we didn't, she said the app doesn't show if my 'documents' were ok.  Thankfully and as usual my wife was correct so I pulled out the paper passes that had "Docs OK' printed on them.

SW needs to clarify or get the App pass updated to show the "Docs OK' on the app boarding pass.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Boarding Pass information on App for International Flight

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Did you catch this one @MarkHursh ?

This one might need some attention or training to move towards paperless options.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

On the mobile pass did it say DOCS OK on it anywhere? I understand why that matters but they would need to have a way to put that on the pass 

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Hi There!  Sorry for the trouble here.  We recently rolled out the ability to get an international trip digital boarding pass after completing a passport or visa verification at our kiosk or with an agent.  In the future we are planning to activate in-app passport verification too.  Exciting stuff!

This is a relatively new capability, so the new digital boarding passes for international trips may be unexpected by some of our Cohearts.  I contacted our Ground Operations team to help us share your experience to help us improve in the future.  Thank you for sharing this story with us and thank you for your support of Southwest!