Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Carry-on Size

Kris04
Explorer C

Hey guys, I'm a student, high school graduate actually, and this is my first time flying so y'know I'm a bit stressed out. I recently bought this suitcase it's and iFLY hardshell that's rose gold and on the website it says it's a carry-on for flights but I'm not really sure... if someone could let me know if this is a carry-on that would be greatly appreciated. This is what it looks like by the way: 

20220624_175148.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Carry-on Size

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The carry-on policy states a bag cannot be larger than 24"x16"x10".  It's hard to see the dimension in the picture, but it appears you are very close to that.  So close that it should not matter.  I do have some concern about it being a hardshell bag which you cannot squish a bit to squeeze it into the overhead.  If it were me I would take it on and give it a try.  The worst case scenario is the bag needs to get checked instead of going in the overhead.  

--TheMiddleSeat

Carry-on Size

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

how are wheels measured

dfwskier
Aviator A

@CupCrusher40 wrote:

how are wheels measured

Wheels do not count in the measurements stated above.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Also, if it's close remember to put the back into the overhead compartment wheels out.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Kris04 wrote:

Hey guys, I'm a student, high school graduate actually, and this is my first time flying so y'know I'm a bit stressed out. I recently bought this suitcase it's and iFLY hardshell that's rose gold and on the website it says it's a carry-on for flights but I'm not really sure... if someone could let me know if this is a carry-on that would be greatly appreciated. This is what it looks like by the way: 

20220624_175148.jpg

Head to the middle of the plane, the bins are a little smaller on the 737-700's at the front and maybe the back. 

I think it would be fine. Wheels out. Or if that doesn't work the worst case would be to slide it in sideways, but please don't do that unless necessary as it takes up two slots. 

Should be no issue on a 737-800 or Max as the bins are uniformly larger. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.