Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass sequential boarding question

Kazi
Explorer C

If we have a WGA fare booked for hubby plus me added as a companion, can either of us check in and still get sequential boarding?  Or does it have to be the CP holder?  Hubby won't be available right at check in time.  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion pass sequential boarding question

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

It shouldn't make any difference who checks in. There are reports of pass holders being A-List

and "paying" customer not, and the paying customer gets a sequential spot with the pass holder.

That being said, anyone can check in anyone else using the confirmation number and ticket holder name.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Makes no difference who checks in first, you'll get sequential boarding either way.

--TheMiddleSeat

Kazi
Explorer C

OK thanks.  Having the 2 confirmation numbers is a pain especially since my husband is often not available to check in right at 24 hours. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Kazi wrote:

OK thanks.  Having the 2 confirmation numbers is a pain especially since my husband is often not available to check in right at 24 hours. 

If hubby is A-list then the number will already be assigned whether he checks in right then or not.

I suggest to save the flight calendar invites where you can check in both to confirm.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Kazi
Explorer C

Unfortunately he is not A list.  His job is such that he can't always stop to check his phone.  I checked myself in yesterday and then checked him in a couple of min later and the boarding spots were sequential, so it obviously tied them together even though he is the CP holder.