Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Connecting Flight Question

beverllyg
Explorer C

I currently purchased a connecting flight to Cancun. The flight is leaving MDW to BWI then to  Cancun. Is it possible to board at BWI or will I have to board at MDW to board at BWI? 

I noticed that it's cheaper to depart from MDW than from BWI. I currently live near MDW but will most likely move close to BWI when I am booking my flight. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Connecting Flight Question

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@beverllyg wrote:

I currently purchased a connecting flight to Cancun. The flight is leaving MDW to BWI then to  Cancun. Is it possible to board at BWI or will I have to board at MDW to board at BWI? 

I noticed that it's cheaper to depart from MDW than from BWI. I currently live near MDW but will most likely move close to BWI when I am booking my flight. 

That type of variant in the pricing comes up once in a while, for whateever number of reasons the pricing from Chicago is cheaper even though it connects through BWI.

If you book from MDW though you'll have to actually start at MDW as opposed to getting onto the second leg in BWI. If you miss the flight at MDW the whole reservation will be canceled - they won't be waiting for you in case you show up at BWI.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.