Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error Message 500999999

KellySouthwest
Explorer C

I saw that the error message that I am currently having was addressed back in 2019 and 2020, it is now 2022 and I have been getting these messages and not being able to check-in.  I tried logging out and in again. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it.  I tried doing a hard reset on my phone and still, it would not work.  I have flown with Southwest for the majority of my travels and lately, this has been an issue.  The 4 customer service reps were not able to give me an answer.  They said that on their end, they were able to see my confirmation number and boarding number fine.  I have trained myself to check in right at the 24-hour mark or after a few minutes to get the group A, but this error message is making it very frustrating.  I ended up having to call into check-in.  If I am lucky, I can get a call back within 10 mins, if not then 20-25 minutes.  So what can I do to avoid this on my next trip.  Looks like not everyone is have this issue.  I asked my fellow passengers on my last flight. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Error Message 500999999

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

There was recent talk about improved error messages in this post here:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Web-amp-App-Updates-Improved-Check-In-E...

Doesn't sound like you are seeing any of the improved messaging though. Did you also try checking in via the mobile website while not logged into your account?

https://mobile.southwest.com/check-in

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Hey @MarkHursh any suggestions for this or at least some info about what the error means?

--TheMiddleSeat

KellySouthwest
Explorer C

Yes, I tried not using the app to check in and using the browser.  I even called a family member who was at home with a desktop to check in and still same error message.  I even asked the customer rep about having more than one account under the same name and needing to be linked, but she said no that can not be because only one RR number per account. 

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Hi Kelly,

So sorry for the trouble.  I would like to have the team look into this to see if we can resolve this for you.

Do you mind sending me a copy of the full error message as well as your confirmation number and RR number.

Sending me a message on here directly will protect your personal details.

Thanks!

mark

KellySouthwest
Explorer C

Can I get the email to where I can send the images?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@KellySouthwest Click on this link of his name and you can send a private message

@MarkHursh 

--TheMiddleSeat

KellySouthwest
Explorer C

@Middleseat  I guess I am not much of a tech-savvy person, because I do not see where I can send a direct message to Mr. Mark after I click on the link.  

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Sorry @KellySouthwest !  Here’s another option - can you send an email to our team at MobileAppSupport@wnco.com

Please include your rapid rewards number and details on the situation you were encountering.

Sorry again for the trouble on this one!  Looking forward to connecting with you directly so we can get you up and running again.  As always, thanks for your support of Southwest.

KellySouthwest
Explorer C

To follow up on the error messages.  

I recently had a flight, and the mobile app gave me the same message, error code 50099999.  I had to check in via a desktop and that worked.  Is there an update I am missing within the mobile app?  It is a hassle to have to go through the web browser when I know the app for others worked.