Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I'm A-List and a Companion, but the Compass Pass holder is not A-List

SAN90
Explorer C

Hello!

I've just earned A-List and my wife will soon add me as her companion but she is not A-List.

Will we both receive A-List check in when I am on her Companion Pass? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I'm A-List and a Companion, but the Compass Pass holder is not A-List

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

If she is not a A-list member she would get a boarding pass based on when she checks in. You as a companion of a non-A-list primary flyer, that's a good question 🤔

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I believe you will receive consecutive position numbers - regardless of which of you is A-List - as long as one of you is.. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I believe you will receive consecutive position numbers - regardless of which of you is A-List - as long as one of you is.. 

Yep, both passengers get the A-List benefit with consecutive positions, regardless of who holds the status.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@dfwskier wrote:

Yep, both passengers get the A-List benefit with consecutive positions, regardless of who holds the status.

Sidenote... you want to know why people without status who purchase EarlyBird don't get A or even low B boarding positions?  See above.  More people than ever are benefiting from A-List status.

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I stand corrected, my bad.