Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Immigration at LAX

dlockesf
Explorer C

I'll be arriving from Mexico at LAX and transferring to a domestic flight.

I presume immigration and customs is at the Bradley terminal and the domestic flight leaves from T1.

Do I recheck my luggage at the Bradley terminal or do I have to take it to T1 myself?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Immigration at LAX

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@dlockesf wrote:

I presume immigration and customs is at the Bradley terminal and the domestic flight leaves from T1.

Do I recheck my luggage at the Bradley terminal or do I have to take it to T1 myself?

Hello-

Yes...Re: Passport Control and Customs at LAX, the CBP Border Inspection Station is located in the Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminal B). Once you deplane, follow the signage through the International Arrival corridors into the Inspection Station which will be on the ground floor of Terminal B. Chances are you'll be greeted by a bunch of escalators and elevators along the way and through CBP.

Once you clear CBP, there appears to be a spot where you can re-check baggage there according the LAX map:

LAX Internationals.png

https://www.flylax.com/terminals/terminal-b

Otherwise, LAX has landside inter-terminal shuttles that can feed you from Terminal B to Terminal 1 and you can check your bags at the SW Check-In counter.
https://www.flylax.com/inter-terminal-connections

Hope this helps!

Re: Immigration at LAX

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@dlockesf wrote:

Once you clear CBP, there appears to be a spot where you can re-check baggage there according the LAX map:

LAX Internationals.png

TBD on that one - since Southwest doesn't fly any international flights into LAX please clarify @dlockesf what airline you are bringing into LAX - since that may not be Southwest I wouldn't plan on having a Southwest luggage counter inside Bradley Terminal necessarily.

I would plan on taking it with you to T1 unless I'm mistaken.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.